Last Updated: February 16, 2021
Hello and thank you for using Contacts+ !
This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms for your use of the Site and Services. By accessing or using the Site or Services, you are accepting this Agreement (on behalf of yourself or the entity that you represent) and you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement (on behalf of yourself or the entity that you represent). You may not access or use the Site or Services or accept the Agreement if you are not at least 18 years old. If you do not agree with all of the provisions of this Agreement, do not access and/or use the Site or Services.
In order to use certain features of the Site or Services (e.g., if you are a Developer or End User), you must register for an account with us (“Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the registration form. In addition, you may voluntarily choose to create an Account. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site. We may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with Section 9. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- Site License. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use.
- App License. If you are an End User, subject to the terms of this Agreement, we grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to use the App for your personal, non-commercial use.
- API License. If you are a Developer, please see the API License Addendum attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference.
- Certain Restrictions.
- Except as set forth in the API License Addendum, the rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (A) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site or Services; (B) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Services; © you shall not access the Site or Services in order to build a similar or competitive service; and (D) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; (E) use the API or any Completed Contact Data for purposes of monitoring the availability, functionality or performance of any part of the Site or the Services for any competitive purpose or for any other benchmarking or competitive purpose. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site or Services shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement. All copyright and other proprietary notices on any Site or Services content must be retained on all copies thereof.
- You acknowledge and agree that: (A) Completed Contact Data has not been collected for, and is not intended to be indicative of, any person’s employability, credit worthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, or other characteristics related to such person’s manner or mode of living, as listed in Section 603(d) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), 15 USC Section 1681a; and (B) you shall not use any Completed Contact Data as a factor in establishing any person’s eligibility for (1) credit or insurance used primarily for personal, family or household purposes, (2) employment purposes, or (3) other purposes authorized under Section 604 of the FCRA, 15 USC Section 1681b or any similar statute.
- You may not upload any debit or credit card information, bank account information, social security number, driver’s license information, or government ID information. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OR SECURITY OF SUCH INFORMATION.
- Modification. we reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or Services or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or Services or any part thereof.
- No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that we will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site or Services.
3. End User Contact Data
- Enforcement. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review your End User Contact Data, investigate, and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate this Agreement or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such acts may include removing or modifying your End User Contact Data, terminating your Account in accordance with Section 9 and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- Intellectual Property. Polaris Software, LLC solely and exclusively owns all intellectual property and other rights, title and interest in and to the Polaris Software, LLC services and all content and materials provided to you through the Services, including, but not limited to, text, software, music, sound, video, photographs, graphics and animation (hereinafter referred to as the “Content”). All such content provided by Polaris Software, LLC and its licensors through the Services is the sole and exclusive property of Polaris Softare, LLC, and any unauthorized use of the content may violate United States federal copyright laws, patent laws, moral rights laws, trade secret laws, confidential information laws, trademark laws, unfair competition laws or other similar rights. Polaris Software, LLC is a member of UnifiedPatents and the LOTNETWORK.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all present and future worldwide copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, patent applications, mask work rights, moral rights, contract rights, and other proprietary rights recognized by the laws of any country. You acknowledge that the Site and Services (and all Intellectual Property Rights therein) are owned by us or our licensors. Subject to our rights in the API, the Developer App (and all worldwide Intellectual Property Rights therein) are the exclusive property of Developer and its licensors. We and our licensors reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement. We do not license to Developer any rights to any of our trademark, trade name, or logo. The provision of the Site and Services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to any or all Intellectual Property Rights therein.
- If you provide us any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site or Services (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to us all rights in the Feedback and agree that we shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. We will treat any Feedback you provide to us as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to us any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
5. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold us (and our officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site or Services, (b) your End User Contact Data, © your violation of this Agreement; (d) your violation of applicable laws or regulations (including any privacy laws), and (e) if you are a Developer, your Developer App. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without our prior written consent. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
6. Third Party Sites & Ads; Developers
- Third Party Sites & Ads. The Site and Services might contain links to third party websites, services, and advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third Party Sites & Ads”). Such Third Party Sites & Ads are not under our control and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites & Ads. We provide these Third Party Sites & Ads only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third Party Sites & Ads. You use all Third Party Sites & Ads at your own risk. When you link to a Third Party Site & Ad, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third Party Sites & Ads.
- Developers. Each Developer is solely responsible for any and all of its Developer Apps. Because we do not control Developers or their Developer Apps, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any Developers or their Developer Apps and we make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any Developers or their Developer Apps, and we assume no responsibility for any Developers or their Developer Apps. Your interactions with Developers or their Developer Apps are solely between you and such Developer. You agree that we will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Developer, we are under no obligation to become involved.
- Release. You hereby release and forever discharge us (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, Developers, Developer Apps or Third Party Sites & Ads. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
8. THE SITE AND SERVICES (INCLUDING THE COMPANY APPS, APIS, INTEGRATIONS, AND Completed Contact Data) ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES (INCLUDING THE COMPANY APP, API, AND Completed Contact Data): (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR © WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE.
9. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Limitation on Liability
11. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR SERVICES (INCLUDING THE COMPANY APP, API, INTEGRATIONS,AND Completed Contact Data), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE AND SERVICES (INCLUDING THE COMPANY APP, API, AND Completed Contact Data) ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
12. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE SITE, OR SERVICES (INCLUDING THE COMPANY APP, API, AND Completed Contact Data) (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY US DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID COMPANY IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE SITE, OR SERVICES (INCLUDING THE COMPANY APP, API, AND Completed Contact Data).
13. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. Term and Termination. Subject to this Section, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or Services. We may (a) suspend your rights to use the Site and/or Services (including your Account) or (b) terminate this Agreement, at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site or Services in violation of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, your Account and right to access and use the Site and Services will terminate immediately. Even after this Agreement is terminated, the following provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect: Sections 2.5 – 2.7, and 4–10.
- Arbitration Agreement And Jury Trial Waiver, Class Action Waiver, And Forum Selection Clause. All controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action between you and us arising out of, under, or related in any way to this Agreement or our privacy practices, shall exclusively be settled through binding arbitration.
- Arbitration shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and not any state arbitration law. The arbitration shall be conducted before one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes from the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). As modified by this Agreement, and unless agreed upon by the parties in writing, the arbitration will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and, if the arbitrator deems them applicable, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively “Rules and Procedures”).
- You are thus GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract EXCEPT for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. You are entitled to a FAIR HEARING, BUT the arbitration procedures are SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT.
- You and us must abide by the following rules: (a) for any claim that could otherwise be brought in small claims court, the arbitration shall be conducted solely based on written submissions and, if the arbitrator deems it appropriate, a telephonic hearing; (b) if the claim exceeds what can be recovered in a small claims court, the arbitration shall be conducted solely based on written submissions or a telephonic hearing, unless the arbitrator deems a face-to-face hearing is appropriate, in which case one should be held at a location agreed to by you and us, and if the parties cannot agree on a location for the hearing, the arbitrator will determine a location for the proceedings which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances; © the arbitrator’s ruling is binding and not merely advisory; (d) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR US MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (e) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, (f) in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, we will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation, (g) we also reserve the right in its sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility for all of the costs of the arbitration; (h) the arbitrator shall honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (i) a decision by the arbitrator (including any finding of fact and/or conclusion of law) against either you or us shall be confidential unless otherwise required to be disclosed by law or by any administrative body and may not be collaterally used against either of them in existing or subsequent litigation or arbitration involving any other person/our customer; and (j) each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees’ and litigation expenses.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or we may bring an individual action in small claims court. Further, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall not be subject to this arbitration provision. Such claims shall be exclusively brought (unless such courts do not have personal jurisdiction in the dispute) in the federal courts located in the State of Delaware. Additionally, notwithstanding this arbitration provision, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before such courts in order to maintain the status quo pending the arbitrator’s ruling, and hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to arbitrate.
- With the exception of subparts (d) and (e) in the paragraph above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, either subpart (d) or (e) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor we shall be entitled to arbitration. In the event this arbitration provision is held unenforceable by a court, or in the event AAA refuses to arbitrate the dispute, all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action between you and us shall be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts specified in subsection “(d)” above.
- For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at http://www.adr.org.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word including means including without limitation. If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance of its obligations under this Agreement due to any cause beyond its control. Your relationship with us is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without our prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon assignees. There are no third party beneficiaries of this Agreement.
- Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2010-2019, Contacts Plus LLC. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Contact Information:
Address: 3636 S. Geyer Road, Suite 100, Saint Louis, MO 63127
Facebook®, LinkedIn®, Twitter®, Foursquare®, Google™, Android™, Google Play™, Gmail™, Google Chrome™, Google Plus™, YouTube™, Yahoo!®, Flickr®, Apple®, Mac®, Mac OS®, Macbook®, Macbook Pro®, iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Air®, iPod®, iPod touch®, iTunes®, App Store®, iCloud®, iMessage® and their logos are trademarks of their respective owners, all rights reserved.
The product and brand names above and any other product or brand names referenced on this website are trademarks of their respective owners and do not imply affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by owners.